Marginalia Project aims at creating works with uncommon approaches to technology, bringing its uses to an aesthetic - often critical, always ludic - perspective. Due to the integrants' background, the group's works deal mostly with images [moving or not], but its major focus is to work with people's relationship with technology, trying to overcome the typical interface we are used to while inserting diverse elements that change [sometimes in an inconvenient way] our operation of technological artifacts.
by André Mintz and Pedro Veneroso. Belo Horizonte, Brazil
- Marginalia 1.0 BETA [interactive video installation prototype];
- Chronotopic Anamorphosis [software - hit at Vimeo with more than 180k views, 2008]; - Anamorfoses Cronotópicas [interactive video installation]; - Anamorfose I [interactive video installation];
exhibitions: - 'Marginalia 1.0 BETA', Technological Connections Festival, at the Latin-American Memorial. São Paulo, Brazil, 08/2009. - 'Anamorfoses Cronotópicas', Amostra Guignard de Vídeo, at Escola Guignard. Belo Horizonte, Brazil, 06/2009; - 'Anamorfose I', Siana Brazil 2009, at Galeria Mari'Stella Tristão, Palácio das Artes. Belo Horizonte, Brazil, 07/2009.
marginalia's future projects:
- Marginalia-lab . Project sponsored by Vivo through the State Law of Cultural Incentive;
- Marginalia 1.0 [2009-2010]. Project sponsored by Cemig through Filme em Minas, State Secretary of Culture of Minas Gerais, Federal Law of Cultural Incentive, Federal Government of Brazil; - portuñol cisductor [2009+]; - l'architecture d'un rêve: global implications [2009+]; - acaso, talvez [2009+].
parallel projects: - support to the scenic-audiovisual project PERTO, by Luis Sartori, Sanna Vellava [Finland] and André Mintz [marginalia project]. Performed in Belo Horizonte at the project C.A.S.A. em Obras, held by Cia. Suspensa and Armatrux, and at the 5th World Festival of Circus, Brazil, 2009; - video processing and consultancy by André Mintz for the installation Frame Seductions, by Pierre Proske [France / Australia]. Project developed and exhibited at the workshop Interactivos? Lima, 2009, held by Medialab-Prado, Escuelab and Centro Cultural España en Lima, at Lima, Peru, 2009;
- development of the system AETeletransporter for the project AEurásia. Video installation exhibited at Espaço 104, Belo Horizonte, Brazil, 2008;
events attended: - Siana Brasil 2009. International Week of Digital and Alternative Arts, held by Cia. Luna Lunera and UFMG, Belo Horizonte, Brazil, 2009. - Territórios Recombinantes. Held by Instituto Sérgio Motta, Belo Horizonte, Brazil, 2008; - Technological Connections Festival. Held by Instituto Sérgio Motta, São Paulo, Brazil, 2009.
- 1st prize at Festival Conexões Tecnológicas. Held by Instituto Sérgio Motta, São Paulo, Brazil. 2008;
Any donations to help Marginalia Project growing would be really appreciated [you can donate using PayPal by clicking the button below and following the instructions]. We are looking for sponsors, as well, that will be featured in this blog and every production related to the project [please contact us by e-mail].